Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Exciting Possibilities

I had a meeting with my client this morning and we made some good progress. While we were meeting and afterward when I was doing some follow up, I started to realize something. My client has a lot of work for me. Even though I've complained about some of the challenges, in many respects the company is the perfect client for me. Why?
  1. They seem to respect my judgment and feel I have some expertise.
  2. They don't have an internal marketing person, so I get all the work.
  3. They don't ask me to do a lot of editing or rewriting.

The amount of work they have for me is such that it's probably enough for a part-time job, and they have been taking my suggestions for additional marketing very seriously. So, in many ways, it's ideal. I can have the flexibility of working from home on my own time schedule, but still have the security of knowing there's work coming in each week.

I'm going to spend the next few days working on a marketing plan for the company, and after that, I'll have regularly scheduled, recurring projects. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Andrea, I found your blog through Freelance Writing Gigs ... your comment about "why don't I ever see ads for guidebooks to Lansing, Michigan" caught my eye. I've thought the same thing several times! :-) I'm from Grand Ledge and started my freelance writing business 2 years ago. It was fun to see somebody from my neck of the woods doing what I'm doing ... I've added your blog to folow and look forward to doing so!
Lara